Year after year, mobile continues to grow, in fact there are few business opportunities that have experienced growth as fast as mobile websites.
Considering starting with a mobile strategy and having the website of our company adapt for mobile create new business opportunities, which entails new sources of income. It is a new and exceptional way to reach out to customers and influence them.
Reasons to include mobile in the company’s mobile strategy
Now more than ever is really the best time to consider starting a mobile strategy. Let’s see in the form of infographics some data that will make us better understand this trend and the way smartphones have made users into a new concept: SmartConsumer.
The mobiles are perfectly integrated in the life of the consumers:
- 30% of all Google restaurant searches were made via mobile.
- 17% of consultations on automotive.
- 16% of technological consultations came via mobile.
- Figures too valuable to ignore. Advertisers have not gone unnoticed, mobile advertising investment grew 116% between 2009 and 2010 and almost 120% in 2011, and the results compared to traditional campaigns are between 6% and 8% better.
- The number of advertisers using mobile is increasingly broad, conventional brands related to sectors such as financing and consumer goods are those who have previously opted for the mobile as a tool that can not be lost.
Starting a mobile strategy
First of all what we have to raise are the objectives we pursue based on a premise: a mobile user does not have the same needs as when using other types of handsets.
So we have to ask ourselves two basic questions:
What do our customers expect from our mobile site? And… What do we pursue as a company? We will start by answering the second. Our goals as a company can be very varied so if this is clear one thing the ultimate goal is to improve the conversion, and it is demonstrated that through mobile devices increases between 6 and 8 percent with respect to traditional e-commerce websites.
On the other hand, and to be mobile marketing basically based on the user experience, we will see what our customers expect from a mobile site and depending on these premises we will have several aspects to consider.
- 71% of users expect an experience as fast as the one they have at home in front of their computer.
- About 60% think that a prudent waiting time should not exceed 3 seconds.
- And 78% will only give you two opportunities for your mobile website to load in the expected time.
- But what about a user who has a bad mobile experience?
- About 60% do not recommend a company whose website is not adapted to mobile.
- Another percentage that is around 40% have visited the competition after a bad experience.
- And 25% round those who promise not to return.
10 steps to keep in mind before starting your mobile strategy
The immediate purchase, understanding that it occurs in the interval from 0 to 24 hours after the search, was performed by 90%. Therefore, if our strategy begins by adapting our website to mobile or we directly opted for the one design, we must have these 10 points:
- Speed of loading
- Provide it locally
- Good visibility
- Easy typing with thumbs
- Facilitate Conversion
- In case of adaptation, redirect to mobile
- Collect feedback from users
These are the ten premises that we must take into account to take our first step in the mobile strategy that is without doubt the adaptation of our site or the creation of a new one.
If your company does not take strategic actions to integrate the mobile web, could be out of competition. What are you waiting for? Here are some actions to take in a mobile strategy:
- Create a mobile version of your page: a traditional web will take a long time to load and will do so with errors from a mobile device, unless you adapt it to them. Do not miss visits to your website because you do not have a mobile version.
- Take advantage of QR codes: with this tool you can direct your website to potential clients and expand your database, alternating your channels off and on-line.
- Create Google Adwords mobile campaigns: Include keywords, but additionally activate these location and phone number extensions so potential customers can contact you directly.
- Use geolocation platforms: If you have establishments with physical presence, there are applications like Google Business or Facebook Places that you can use to increase the potential customers of your business.
- Design mobile applications with added value: it must provide the user with interesting information, easy to perform some action or fun, and be adapted for each platform. Take into account that the main purpose of applications is not to channel mobile traffic to your website, but they serve to retain users.
Remember that simplicity is a basic element for the mobile web, take it into account in everything you do in your strategy, starting from that the easier to use the better.
Photo by Zach Meaney on Unsplash