Mobile applications are becoming one of the most effective tools that currently exist to reach and interact with our potential customers, something normal if we consider that the advantages of an app for your business are several. For example: Did you know that 85% of the time your customers are on their smartphone they are using an app and that this market will not stop growing strongly until doubling its value in 2020? If they spend so much time with an application on their phone, don’t you think we should be there too?
Advantages of creating a mobile app for your companyThese and many others are some of the main reasons why an application is such a valuable resource:
- An app can strengthen the presence of your brand, because once it’s downloaded, both your current and potential customers will have given it a valuable place in their application drawer next to Whatsapp, Facebook, Gmail, Clash Royale and their other favorite applications. Each time they open their apps collection they will see your icon next to the others. This way they have already made you one of their favorite mobile phone tools.
- Engagement and interaction with your customers will be improved now that they have a new way of contacting you and you with them. Unlike a web site where search engines position us to respond to a specific search, an app looks for recurrence, so it will end up becoming the perfect manual or instrument of what it has been downloaded for. You will promote openness by generating useful content and activating the visit through push notifications that will alert the user that they already have something new to experiment with you.
- You will be able to offer more effective customer service, both for him and your company. Firstly, because an app simplifies any interaction process by being designed to respond to the need it solves in as few clicks as possible. Secondly, because it will always be available and its opening is immediate. Third, because recurrence drives conversion.
- An app is a direct marketing channel for your business. There are no barriers or applications between you and the user. Once the app is downloaded, you will be able to view usage data produced by each user and provide them with exactly what they need. A very intimate way to get to know him and adapt your content to exactly what they need.
- It will help you to stand out and take advantage of your competitors who don’t have an app yet. Because yes, the big brands already have one or several apps. They can afford to hire a dedicated team of developers. However, the apps world is still a field to be exploited by most companies and doing so at this time can be several steps ahead of the competition.
How to create a mobile app for Android and iOS step-by-step
Why do you need to create an app? Define objectives
- Inform customers about your menus and delicious dishes and why they should try them: special promotions or new items on the menu?
- Make it easy to get to the restaurant by including a button that guides you directly through Google Maps.
- Offers the option to pay through the app.
- Will they receive any kind of coupon for recommending your restaurant or returning often? They are sure to drive the growth of your business through word of mouth.
Sketch the application
Hire an app developer or make it yourself
- It should have an easy to use interface.
- It must be perfectly compatible with the mobile platform for which it was developed.
- Must be quick.
- It must be perfectly adapted to your target market.
- It must be beautiful and memorable.
- It must be unique.
- It should reflect your brand image.
- Test your app before uploading it to the app store
Start applying mobile marketing techniques